The Spray School District Board of Directors is seeking an educational leader with an outstanding record of achievement to serve as Superintendent/Principal beginning July 1, 2021. The School Board anticipates offering an annual base salary in the range of $88,000 to $98,000 plus benefits for the position.
Spray SD serves approximately 57 students in kindergarten through 12th grade. The District employs eight teachers, two instructional assistants, and one administrator. The campus consists of 5 buildings and the District operates two boarding residences for high school students from all over the world and the Pacific Northwest.
The District offers a strong academic and activities program for all students with updated technology and a variety of distance education offerings. Class size is generally 6-15 students. High school 10th – 12th grades are able to participate in the Early College program with Columbia Gorge CC. Life in a small school means increased opportunities to learn and engage in athletics and activities. Middle school and high school athletic and activities programs include football, volleyball, basketball and track.
Spray is a small, rural community located in Wheeler County on the John Day River and prides itself holding the best small town rodeo in the West. The school district encompasses approximately 605 square miles, including the City of Spray and unincorporated areas of the county. Spectacular natural beauty surrounds Spray. The mountainous environment lends itself to various outdoor and recreational activities such as: hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, backpacking, and rafting.
The Qualities and Qualifications of the position:
• Builds collaborative working relationships with staff, parents and community
• Is highly visible and involved in the school and community
• Has a background in classroom teaching
• Building or district administration level experience preferred
• Demonstrates solid budgeting skills and understands Oregon school finance
• Is committed to serving all students from all backgrounds
• Values and respects the contribution from all staff and treats them as professionals
• Understands the culture and needs of a small, rural community
Application Process: Application packets are submitted via the Revelus application portal, linked below. All applicants will submit a candidate profile (which will be completed when you create your Revelus account) and application as well as upload the following documents to the application portal linked below. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
OUT-OF-STATE CANDIDATES: To ensure eligibility for an Oregon administrator’s license, direct inquiries to: Oregon Teachers Standards and Practices Commission,
503-378-3586; fax 503-378-4448; www.tspc.state.or.us.
Spray School District provides equal opportunities in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in accordance with state and federal law. Consistent with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process by contacting Steve Kelley at 1-800-578-6722.
APPLICATION OPEN: March 16, 2021
CLOSING DATE: April 21, 2021
APPLICATION SCREENING: April 23 - 27, 2021
INTERVIEWS: May 6 - 8, 2021
FINALIST FORUMS: May 13 -14, 2021
ASSUME POSITION: July 1, 2021
Spray School District is an equal opportunity employer.