The Colton School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as interim superintendent. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Colton School District is comprised of approximately 512 students in one elementary, one middle and one high school. The district employs a staff of 37 licensed employees, 39 classified employees, two confidential employees and four administrators. The district has a total budget of approximately $8.7 million and a bond.
The Colton School District is l located between Molalla and Estacada in the foothills of the Mt. Hood National Forest, approximately 45 miles from the centers of Salem and Portland. The school district encompasses 189 square miles consisting mostly of public and private timberland. The district’s students come from areas that represent four different zip codes, five fire districts and four telephone exchanges (Beavercreek, Colton, Estacada and Molalla).
The Qualities and Qualifications of the position:
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values;
• Effective communication and listening skills;
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids K-12;
• Willingness to understand and honor the strengths/good work of the Colton school district & community;
• Must commit to successfully facilitating the district goals including any related past experience;
• Background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) preferably in small rural areas similar to the Colton community;
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind;
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success;
• Works well with others; strong collaborator that empowers students, staff, parents and community members;
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills.
The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $110,000 - $130,000 and the district will cover the 6% PERS contribution. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
Application Process: Application packets are submitted via the Revelus application portal, linked below. All applicants will submit a candidate profile (which will be completed when you create your Revelus account) and application as well as upload the following documents to the application portal linked below. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
OUT-OF-STATE CANDIDATES: To ensure eligibility for an Oregon administrator’s license, direct inquiries to: Oregon Teachers Standards and Practices Commission,
503-378-3586; fax 503-378-4448; www.tspc.state.or.us.
Colton School District provides equal opportunities in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in accordance with state and federal law. Consistent with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process by contacting Steve Kelley at 1-800-578-6722.
APPLICATION OPEN: April 28, 2021
CLOSING DATE: May 16, 2021
INTERVIEWS: June 6 - 8, 2021
ASSUME POSITION: Approx. July 6, 2021
Colton School District is an equal opportunity employer.