Scope of terms
OSBA may also provide activity- or program-specific Terms of Service. If so, to the extent that these Terms do not conflict with the program-specific Terms of Service, the Terms herein remain in full force and effect.
Security and privacy
Member account, password, and security
OSBA may host a program- or activity-specific site that may require you to establish a member account and/or site password. In such cases, you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify OSBA immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. OSBA will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by OSBA or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
Personal and non-commercial use
This website is for personal and non-commercial use. Unless otherwise specified or as provided in these Terms, you may not modify, copy, distribute, translate, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the materials.
No unlawful or prohibited use
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- use the websites, materials, services or activities to "stalk" or otherwise harass or harm another;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an OSBA board or staff member, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the website or materials;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any
patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- you may not use the websites or materials in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any OSBA server, or network(s) connections, disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the websites or materials or interfere with any other party's use of the websites or materials;
- you may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any website or material, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any OSBA server or materials, through hacking, password mining or any other means or obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the websites or materials; and/or
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
Notices and disclosures
Exclusions of warranty
The technical information contained herein is provided to OSBA by OSBA members and nonmembers. OSBA strives to present accurate and reliable information on this Internet site but does not provide an absolute guarantee of its accuracy or reliability. Use of such information is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
Limitation of liability
OSBA, (including its employees and agents) assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of the information herein, or from use of the information obtained at linked Internet addresses, or in any respect for the content of such information, including (but not limited to) errors or omissions, the accuracy or reasonableness of factual or scientific assumptions, studies, or conclusions, the defamatory nature of statements, ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights, and the violation of property, privacy, or personal rights of others. OSBA is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on such information. No guarantees or warranties, including (but not limited to) any express or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose, are made by OSBA with respect to such information.
Content related notices
You acknowledge and agree that OSBA owns all legal rights, title and interest in all
the materials and websites, including any OSBA trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features therein (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist), and that they are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without OSBA's prior written permission. Except as expressly provided herein, OSBA does not grant any express or implied rights to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or proprietary information.
User content submissions
User content submissions may include but are not limited to, registration, participation, public sharing, posting, uploading, linking, downloading, and transferring, viewing, blogging, commenting, submitting or transmitting content, including, but not limited to graphics, art, text, video, audio, opinions, descriptions etc. (the "user content") on any OSBA website. Content submitted by users is referred to hereafter as "user content".
OSBA does not endorse any user content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and OSBA expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with user content submissions. OSBA does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its websites, and reserves the right to remove user content at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
OSBA does not claim ownership of any user content submitted, posted, transmitted or made available or displayed on, or through, the websites or materials, including, but not limited to, data, text, sound, images, videos, diagrams, audio, information, graphs, or descriptions on the websites or material. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, there is no compensation for user content. OSBA is under no obligation to post or use any user content submitted. Unless otherwise agreed in writing with an authorized OSBA representative, any material, information or other communication you transmit or post to a website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Unless other specified on the website or activity terms and conditions, by posting, displaying, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting such user content you grant OSBA, necessary sub-licensees and website users, a perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable license to use worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license, to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display the user content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such user content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes.
Warranties and representations
By posting or submitting user content you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your submission including, but not limited to, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the user content. To the extent that the user content submitted contains images, photographs, pictures, graphical representations in whole or in part ("Images"), you warrant and represent that (a) you are the copyright owner of such Images, or that the copyright owner of such Images has granted you permission to use such Images or any content and/or Images contained in such Images are consistent with the manner and purpose of your use and as otherwise permitted by these Terms and the materials, (b) you have the rights necessary to grant the licenses and sub-licenses described in these Terms, and (c) that each person depicted in such Images, if any, have provided consent to the use of the Images as set forth in these Terms.
Moderation or pre-screening
Links to other materials or sites
At certain places on the OSBA websites, live 'links' to other Internet addresses can be accessed. Such external Internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of OSBA. OSBA does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external Internet addresses and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of information located at such addresses. Use of any information obtained from such addresses is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness. Reference therein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademarks, service mark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by OSBA.
User access to these websites is governed by all applicable federal, state and local laws. All information available on the websites is subject to U.S. export control laws and may also be subject to the laws of the country where you reside.
OSBA makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and OSBA and govern your use of the websites. Each user may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply where that user uses affiliate services, third party content or third party software. The Terms and the relationship between you and OSBA shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon, US without regard to its conflict of law provisions and each party shall submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
In the case of any violation of these rules and regulations, OSBA reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law and in equity for such violations.