Service animals in schools resources
January 11, 2010
PACE pre-loss attorneys prepared the following responses to frequently-asked questions about service animals in schools.
- What is a service animal?
- How can administrators distinguish between a service animal and a pet?
- Must schools admit service animals?
- If administrators decide the animal is not a service animal, can they deny access?
- Can the district require certain procedures before admitting a service animal?
- How can the district reduce its liability?
Read more from PACE
About legal services
Charter schools frequently asked questions
Disregarding signs of disability amounts to “child find” violation