Healthy Kids Learn Better: State and national resources
- Healthy Kids Learn Better Team example - a story about a school that formed a Healthy Kids Learn Better Team.
- Healthy Kids Learn Better - Healthy Kids Learn Better Partnership (HKLB) is a statewide effort to help local schools and communities form partnerships and reduce physical, social and emotional barriers to learning.
- Resources for Educators produced by the Oregon Dairy Council's Nutrition Education Services division.
- Oregon Department of Education, Child Nutrition Programs - State Dept. of Education's School Nutrition Programs, including the Local Wellness Policy statute
- Oregon Dept. of Human Services, Health Services resource page.
- Federal Authorization for Local Wellness Policies
- OHSU Center for the Study of Weight Regulation and Associated Disorders - Established in 2003, the Center for the Study of Weight Regulation and Associated Disorders is a new research institute at the Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, Oregon. Scientists and physicians are collaborating to address the important basic and clinical questions surrounding weight regulation.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) resources
- Division of Youth and School Health
- Coordinated School Health Programs
- Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity
- National Bone Health Campaign for Girls
- State-based programs - The Nutrition and Physical Activity Program to Prevent Obesity and Other Chronic Diseases helps states prevent obesity and other chronic diseases by addressing two closely related factors - poor nutrition and inadequate physical activity.
- NSBA's School Health Programs - This department supports NSBA's commitment to help school policymakers and educators make informed decisions about health issues affecting the academic achievement and healthy development of students and the effective operation of schools.
- 'No Junkfood' Grassroots Resources - Resources for parents, education leaders and students on policy, fundraising, and increasing public support to fight childhood obesity.
- Wellness newsletter Spring 2016 - a quarterly student wellness newsletter produced by Oregon Action for Healthy Kids, a nationwide initiative dedicated to improving the health and educational performance of children through better nutrition and physical activity in schools.
- US Department of Agriculture's Team Nutrition - An initiative of the USDA Food and Nutrition Service to support the Child Nutrition Programs through training and technical assistance for foodservice, nutrition education for children and their caregivers, and school and community support for healthy eating and physical activity.
- Team Nutrition - an initiative of the United States Department of Agriculture Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services to support the Child Nutrition Programs through training and technical assistance for foodservice, nutrition education for children and their caregivers, and school and community support for healthy eating and physical activity.
- California Project Lean - Educating school board members on the link between physical activity and academic achievement.
- Iowa Department of Public Health Bureau of Nutrition and Health Promotion