Educational equity - NSBA resources
December 28, 2012
The National School Boards Association (NSBA) shares some informative resources on minority achievement and closing the gap. Resources include links to national clearinghouses, other organizations, and best-practices publications.
A sampling of those resources:
- Closing the Achievement Gap - Readings, research summaries and statistical information from Education Commission of the States on causes and effects of the achievement gap. Examines some of the strategies and reforms that states, districts, schools, philanthropic organizations and others are using to help boost the achievement of ethnic and racial minority students.
- American Institutes for Research - Information from Regional Educational Laboratory Midwest (REL Midwest) on uniform standards, challenging curriculum, helping students catch up and providing good teachers.
- Magna Awards - The Magna Awards sponsored by the American School Board Journal includes best practices in minority achievement and other areas.
- Center for Research on Education, Diversity & Excellence - Research center at the University of California, Santa Cruz.
- The Education Trust - a national nonprofit that promotes high academic achievement for all students at all levels, pre-K through college with the goal of closing the gaps in opportunity and achievement.
Educational equity and student achievement