Superintendent: Snohomish School District, Snohomish Washington
January 25, 2016
NOTICE OF OPEN ADMINISTRATION POSITION
Closing Date: February 29, 2016
Leadership in the Snohomish School District is grounded in the following premises:
- Our focus is on building relationships.
- Meaningful relationships grow out of conversations in which we commit to listening deeply.
- Listening means being open to and curious about the viewpoints of others.
- Sound decisions can only be made after engaging with those who are impacted by them.
- Our job is to serve the learning and growth of the whole organization and to nurture the growth of the individuals in our community.
- Schools must serve as places where democratic values are realized in our community.
About the District:
The Snohomish School District serves approximately 10,000 students in grades K through 12. Our geographic area encompasses 165 square miles and more than 30,000 residents. The district has an outstanding staff of full-time and part-time employees. This includes about 575 certificated staff and about 460 classified staff. Our teachers have an average of 15 years' experience, and 67% have at least a Master's degree. For additional information about the district, visit our website: www.sno.wednet.edu
About the Community:
Snohomish is situated in the heart of the Puget Sound region of Washington state - one of the most beautiful and livable areas of the state. We are ideally situated between the beautiful Cascade Mountains to the east and the Puget Sound to the west. Snohomish offers the balanced lifestyle of a family-oriented small town with easy access to the urban amenities of the west coast.
Application Procedures and Timeline:
For full consideration, please submit the following material by February 29, 2016. However, the Board retains the right to keep the position open until filled.
- A formal letter of application
- A completed application form available from Dr. Wayne Robertson (contact information below)
- A current resumé
- Three to five letters of recommendation
- A written statement explaining how you plan to address the leadership opportunities and challenges noted in this vacancy announcement
Send all application materials to:
Dr. Wayne Robertson
Northwest Leadership Associates
PO Box 3656
Arlington, WA 98223
Questions and/or requests for application materials can also be made to: Jim Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-981-4676.