Principal at Roseburg High School: Roseburg School District, Roseburg Oregon
February 4, 2015
Notice of Open Administrative Position
Position: Principal at Roseburg High School
Application Deadline: February 16, 2015
Position Begins: July 1, 2015
Roseburg High School is seeking a dynamic principal to lead an administrative team that is dedicated to high academic achievement for every student. This proactive and student centered team consists of one principal, three assistant principals, and an athletic director.
Roseburg is located in picturesque southern Oregon, conveniently situated on I-5 approximately one hour south of Eugene. Its year-round mild climate produces wonderful recreation opportunities and a friendly atmosphere.
Roseburg Public Schools serve over 6000 students on 12 campuses: 1 high school (9-12), 1 charter high school, 2 middle schools (6-8) and 8 elementary schools (K-5). Committed to excellence in every aspect of its operation, the district has gained a reputation as a school system dedicated to achieving high standards for all students. The community is supportive of our local schools with many employers and service groups encouraging and facilitating volunteerism on our campuses.
Roseburg High School
RHS students excel in academics and leadership with 72% of seniors planning to pursue post-secondary education. Our student body garnered the most scholarship dollars from the Oregon State Scholarship Commission for 13 consecutive years. Parents and the community strongly support school programs and activities. The RHS campus is attractive, with new and updated buildings in 2004, funded by a local bond levy. The campus is a constant hub for 1800 students who are provided a variety of academic offerings and social activities with which to connect, and multiple layers of support through smaller learning communities, PBIS, and other intervention options.
Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
Master's Degree in education or related field
Oregon Administrator's License
Academic background in staff supervision, staff development, curriculum and instruction, assessment and educational reform
- Ability to lead large 6A flagship for a district with deep community connections, pride and support;
- Collaborative, innovative and decisive;
- Leadership with strong facilitation skills;
- Experience at the high school level of RTI/MTI, PBIS, data use to drive placement, support and instruction, best practices implementation and quality professional development to support these efforts;
- Ability to work successfully with students, parents, staff and the community;
- Experience in budget preparation and fiscal management;
- A passion for teenagers, creating a nurturing yet challenging environment in academics, programs and activities for post-secondary success;
- Implementing building level educational reform;
- Creative problem solving; and
- Support of CTE, fine and performing arts, world languages, elective programs and multiple clubs and activities.
- 2014-2015 SALARY $93,854— $105,635
- 12—month contract
- Benefit Package (medical, vision, dental, life, long term disability and district-paid retirement fund contribution)
Application and Selection Process:
- Administrative applications are accepted through Talent Ed Recruit and Hire. This site is accessed on the district’s website at www.roseburg.k12.or.us.
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Tentative Board action: March 11, 2015
- Position Begins: July 1, 2015
For more information, contact:
Roseburg Public Schools
1419 NW Valley View Dr.
Roseburg, OR 97470