Principal at John C. Fremont Middle School: Roseburg School District, Roseburg Oregon
December 17, 2014
Notice of Open Administrative Position
Position: Principal at John C. Fremont Middle School
Application Deadline: January 21, 2015
Position Begins: August 1, 2015
Fremont Middle School is seeking a dynamic leader with a passion for education and an in-depth understanding of how to improve student achievement. Fremont’s proactive and student centered team is led by the principal and one assistant principal.
Roseburg is located in picturesque southern Oregon, conveniently situated on I-5 approximately one hour south of Eugene. Its year-round mild climate produces wonderful recreation opportunities and a friendly atmosphere.
Roseburg Public Schools serve over 6000 students on 12 campuses: 1 high school (9-12), 1 charter high school, 2 middle schools (6-8) and 8 elementary schools (K-5). Committed to excellence in every aspect of its operation, the district has gained a reputation as a school system dedicated to achieving high standards for all students. The community is supportive of our local schools with many employers and service groups encouraging and facilitating volunteerism on our campuses.
Fremont Middle School
Fremont is a sixth through eighth grade middle school with a student population of 700 students. At Fremont we have a strong belief that all students can be successful. With that commitment comes a dedication to innovation. The staff, students and parents of Fremont Middle School live the Roseburg School District Motto of “Whatever it Takes.” At Fremont all of our students are stars, shining brightly.
Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
Master's Degree in education or related field
Oregon Administrator's License
Academic background in staff supervision, staff development, curriculum and instruction, assessment and educational reform
- Collaborative leadership yet decisive decision-making;
- Knowledge of Oregon Education Standards;
- Assessment and specialized program needs;
- Best practice instructional methodologies;
- Responsible, innovative leadership;
- Working successfully with students, parents, staff and the community;
- Statistical evaluation for program development;
- Budget preparation and fiscal management;
- Promoting appreciation of cultural diversity;
- Initiating and implementing building level educational reform;
- Master and individual student scheduling;
- Using technology effectively and efficiently;
- Proven ability to create and sustain change; and
- Experience with severely handicapped and alternative education students
- 2014-15 Salary $81,892—$92,171
- 11—month contract
- Benefit Package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability and district-paid retirement fund contribution)
Application and Selection Process:
- Administrative applications are accepted through Talent Ed Recruit and Hire. This site is accessed on the district’s website at www.roseburg.k12.or.us.
- Application Deadline: January 21, 2015
- Tentative Board action: March 11, 2015
- Position Begins: August 1, 2015
For more information, contact:
Roseburg Public Schools
1419 NW Valley View Dr.
Roseburg, OR 97470