High School Principal: Newberg School District, Newberg Oregon
January 14, 2014
Notice of Open Administrative Position
Position: Principal for Newberg High School
Filing Deadline: February 5, 2014
Classification: Administrative, Regular, Full-Time Position
Grades/Location: Grades 9-12 at Newberg High School
Effective: July 1, 2014
Hours/Days: 8 hours per day; 228 days per year including 8 paid holidays.
Salary range: $97,130 - $110,000.Full family benefit package with PERS pickup, LTD and Life Insurance
Description: Overall responsibility for the successful operation of the school including improvement of instruction, administrative procedures, and support services of the school. Demonstrate effective instruction leadership skills that provide focus on student achievement. Guide the development of a caring, collaborative community that includes all stake holders in the school. Provide purpose and vision for the school. Manage the human resources to ensure an orderly work and learning environment.
Expected Leadership Proficiencies, Skills and Experience:
- Current Oregon administrative license or eligibility for license and a Master’s Degree or greater in education or a related field.
- Prior successful experience in public school administration.
- Articulate belief system through voice and actions, leading the school in a clear focus, communicating your vision for the school, and being the change agent when necessary.
- Articulate effective instructional practices by providing intellectual stimulation, being actively involved in, and having knowledge of current research in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Assesses quality of classroom instruction by monitoring, being visible, conducting walk throughs regularly, communicating, and providing a clear behavior structure and atmosphere.
- Implement an accountability system through the district accreditation process, aligning instruction with state and district standards, using the district evaluation system, providing expectations for an orderly atmosphere, holding data discussions with staff and teachers, and adapting to the needs of the current situation by seeking input.
- Establish and foster an adult learning environment by maximizing collaboration and adult learning to improve instruction, providing teachers with materials, inspiring new and challenging innovations, and valuing a sense of community.
- Organize schools operations around improvement of instruction by maintaining a safe and orderly environment, upholding state laws, contracts and district policies, managing personnel, maintaining facility to provide a quality learning environment, efficiently managing financial resources, establishing effective public relationships, and coordinating effective instructional programs with a master schedule.
- Utilize educational, financial, personnel, material and facility resources in supervising the instructional and extra curricular activities of students.
- Maintain liaison and articulation with other schools concerning planning, implementation and evaluation of curriculum and related educational activities.
- Promote curriculum improvement and ensure the usage of adopted programs of study.
- Direct and/or participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of staff development.
- Prepare, implement, and monitor fiscal/budgetary plans, including necessary reports, inventories, and accounting of building funds.
- Interpret, implement, and administer all board policies and administrative procedures relating to programs and personnel.
- Use public information strategies to promote interest and support for district goals, objectives, and programs.
- Determine building staffing needs and supervise the staff selection process.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must apply online at: https://newberg.schoolrecruiter.net/index.aspx and upload a cover letter, résumé, teaching license, transcripts, and three letters of reference written within the last three years.
NOTE: Upload multiple reference letters as one document.
Current employees should submit a transfer form and letter of interest to: Loree Reinhardt, Human Resources Specialist, Newberg School District, 714 E. Sixth Street, Newberg OR 97132. 503-554-5039.
Applicants who best meet the requirements of the position will be invited for an interview.
Newberg School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Minority Applicants.
The District complies with Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Title IX Requirements.