Chief Financial Officer: Newberg School District, Newberg Oregon
September 12, 2013
NOTICE OF OPEN POSITION
Administrative Position Posting
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Filing Deadline: September 23, 2013
Classification: Administrative, Regular, Full-Time Position
Location: District Administrative Office
Start Date: October 2013
Hours/Days: 8 hours per day; 260 days per year
Salary: According to the 2013-14 Administrative I Salary Schedule: $100,157 -$107,229 with PERS pickup. Family benefit package, LTD and life insurance.
Requirements: Master’s degree in Business Management or Accounting, or the equivalent education and experience. Five years experience in business or accounting management. Prior school district management or K-12 school administrative experience preferred. Problem solving skills; participatory leadership style; experience working with K-12 educators; exhibit integrity, honesty and fairness; successful experience in staff supervision and evaluation. Ability to communicate effectively in speaking and writing and develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff, students, and parents.
Essential Job Functions:
• Serve as Deputy Clerk and, under the supervision of the superintendent, organize and establish the budget procedures.
• Serve as fiscal officer to the Budget Committee; implement budget control; develop the budget calendar.
• Supervise and evaluate the accounts payable clerk, fiscal services secretary and fiscal services coordinator.
• Act as the district agent for all district contracts, agreements, and transactions affecting the business function of the district.
• Advise the superintendent, staff members and Board of Directors on all matters related to business affairs.
• Supervise the investment of district funds.
• Oversee all aspects of property, casualty, professional and general liability insurance.
• Prepare financial and statistical reports for the Board of Directors and district auditors.
• Supervise the purchase and management of supplies and equipment; maintain an inventory of items purchased.
• Provide support to the superintendent in district elections including tax and bond measures.
• Participate in developing new school facilities and the tracking of all bond funds.
• Provide financial data, projections and analysis when requested by the superintendent and Board.
• Consult regularly with the superintendent and other district personnel on questions relating to the district’s business and financial concerns.
• Plan and monitor an accounting control system.
• Prepare revenue and expenditure cost data for negotiations.
• Monitor all vouchers authorizing the expenditure of funds.
• Prepare and analyze financial statements.
• Make a full and itemized report of finances of the district to the superintendent on an ongoing basis.
• Arrange for audits of all accounts.
• Provide guidance to building secretaries and principals in the receipt and expenditure of school activity funds.
• Recommend policy and procedural changes in cash management and investments.
• Ensure all district payments are made in a timely manner.
• Manage all trust funds of the district including allocation of interest and processing of awards and scholarships.
• Manage daily cash flow and oversee investment and cash receipt functions.
• Administer a program for processing supplies and equipment. Maintain inventory control.
• Maintain control over all Debt Service and Capital Project funds.
• Administer an effective program for accounting of all State and Federal program funds.
• Meet the demands of the district by providing updated technology that supports business functions.
• Supervise and maintain district insurance coverage policies.
• Prepare RFP’s and RFI’s and assist staff in the bidding process.
• Prepare enrollment projections.
• Monitor growth and assist in presenting growth projections to the superintendent, Board and community.
• Serve as a member of the Superintendent’s Senior Staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Desired: Preference given to candidates with prior successful school district business experience and knowledge of federal and state school funding laws.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must apply online at:
https://newberg.cloud.talentedk12.com/hire/index.aspx and upload a cover letter, résumé, transcripts, and three letters of reference written within the last year.
Submit inquiries to: Loree Reinhardt, Human Resources Specialist, Newberg School District, 714 E. Sixth Street, Newberg OR 97132, 503-554-5039.
Applicants who best meet the requirements of the position will be invited for an interview.
Newberg School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Minority Applicants.
The District complies with Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Title IX Requirements.