Middle School Principal: Hermiston School District, Hermiston Oregon
April 17, 2014
Notice of Open Administrative Position
Position: Principal for Sandstone Middle School
Applications Due: May 2, 2014
Applicant Screening: Week of May 5, 2014
Interview and Site Visits: Week of May 12, 2014
Salary range: $93,994 - $103,777
District Information: The Hermiston School District's vision is, "Striving to be Oregon's Premier Public School District." To support our vision, the District provides quality professional development for staff in a variety of areas, including constructing meaning, common formative assessments research-based literacy strategies, and Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s). These components, along with an emphasis on small class sizes, cutting-edge technology, and comprehensive curriculum support makes Hermiston School District a "premier" organization to be a part of.
The Hermiston School District offers an extremely competitive salary and benefits package which includes PERS retirement employer paid pick-up, tuition reimbursement, professional organization support, and a comprehensive health and benefits package. Position begins July 1, 2014. Normal contract year for this position is 261 days, including 9 paid holidays, and a generous vacation allowance.
Position Description: The Hermiston School District is seeking applicants for the Principal position at Sandstone Middle School. This campus serves a diverse population of approximately 525 students in grades 6-8, approximately 50 licensed and classified staff, and an assistant principal.
The primary purpose of the position of Middle School Principal is to serve as the instructional and cultural leader of the 6-8 school, and as such, be responsible for the organization and supervision of the school’s educational program, operation of the school facility, participation in staff and student activities, and establishment of effective community relations.
- Master’s degree or higher
- Valid Oregon administrative license or ability to obtain one prior to July 1, 2014.
- Successful building-level administrative experience as a principal, assistant principal, or similar full-time administrative assignment.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Human Resources Department may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Middle School teaching and/or Middle administrative experience.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Working knowledge of Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s), Common Core Standards, Response to Intervention, Data Teams, and middle school literacy initiatives.
The applicant must supply the following items:
- Application Form (fillable Word Document – do not apply through TalentEd Recruit & Hire). Application forms are available at: www.hermiston.k12.or.us/employment
- Professional Resume
- Letters of Recommendation (5 required)
- Cover Letter
- Copy of administrative license or letter stating the applicant’s ability to obtain proper licensure prior to July 1, 2014.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure his/her application is complete. Only complete applications will be considered.
The Hermiston School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer