Director of Special Programs: Hermiston School District, Hermiston Oregon
April 17, 2014
NOTICE OF OPEN POSITION
Administrative Position Posting
Position Title: Director of Special Programs
Deadline to Apply: April 25, 2014
Position Begins: July 1, 2014
Salary Range: $93,994 - $103,777
District Information: The Hermiston School District's vision is, "Striving to be Oregon's Premier Public School District." To support our vision, the District provides quality professional development for staff in a variety of areas, including constructing meaning, common formative assessments research-based literacy strategies, and Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s). These components, along with an emphasis on small class sizes, cutting edge technology, and comprehensive curriculum support makes Hermiston School District a "premier" organization to be a part of.
The Hermiston School District offers an extremely competitive salary and benefits package which includes PERS retirement employer paid pick-up. Position begins July 1, 2014. Normal contract year for this position is 261 days, including 9 paid holidays, and a generous vacation allowance.
Job Description: To provide direct support to Special Education teachers in curriculum, instruction, placement, and programming for identified special needs students.
- Master’s degree.
- A valid Administrative License, or the ability to obtain one prior to July 1, 2014.
- Prior, successful administrative experience as a principal, program director, or similar prior experience.
- Ability to organize and coordinate district-wide program.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with federal and special program rules and regulations.
Internal Applicants (Current HSD Employees):
The applicant must supply the following items online through Recruit & Hire:
- Online Application Form
- Professional Resume
- Letters of Recommendation (5 required)
- Cover Letter (The cover letter must include current licensure status information and/or the ability to obtain proper licensure prior to July 1, 2014.)
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure his/her application is complete. Only complete applications will be considered.
The Hermiston School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer