Superintendent: Bend-La Pine School District, Bend Oregon
December 11, 2014
Notice of Open Administrative Position
The Bend-La Pine Schools, Bend, Oregon, Board of Directors, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified superintendent of schools. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2015.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the board of Directors in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: central Oregon, approximately 130 miles southeast of Salem
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The board has drawn the following desired characteristics from the responses provided during the input process:
- A passion for education and students with a demonstrated record of significantly improving student achievement.
- A relentless drive to be world class.
- A proven ability to create and implement vision.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills demonstrating collaborative yet decisive decision-making.
- The highest level of personal integrity and work ethic.
- Closing date for applications: January 22, 2015 (11:30 p.m. central time)
- Board of Directors selects finalists to interview: February 17, 2015
- Interviews with the Board of Directors: Starting February 23, 2015
- Selection of new superintendent: March 6, 2015
- Start date: July 1, 2015
McPherson & Jacobson, LLC
7905 L St, Suite 310
Omaha, NE 68127
School website: www.bend.k12.or.us
Consultants: Dr. Steve Lowder email@example.com
Dr. William Dean firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: January 22, 2015