Preventive services for adults covered under the Affordable Care Act
April 11, 2014
If you have a new health insurance plan or insurance policy beginning on or after September 23, 2010, the following preventive services must be covered without your having to pay a copayment or co-insurance or meet your deductible. This applies only when these services are delivered by a network provider.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm one-time screening for men of specified ages who have ever smoked.
- Alcohol Misuse screening and counseling.
- Aspirin use for men and women of certain ages.
- Blood Pressure screening for all adults.
- Cholesterol screening for adults of certain ages or at higher risk.
- Colorectal Cancer screening for adults over 50.
- Depression screening for adults.
- Type 2 Diabetes screening for adults with high blood pressure.
- Diet counseling for adults at higher risk for chronic disease.
- HIV screening for all adults at higher risk.
- Immunization vaccines for adults - doses, recommended ages, and recommended populations vary:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Herpes Zoster
- Human Papillomavirus
- Influenza (Flu Shot)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis
- Obesity screening and counseling for all adults.
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prevention counseling for adults at higher risk.
- Tobacco Use screening for all adults and cessation interventions for tobacco users.
- Syphilis screening for all adults at higher risk.
Preventive services for children covered under the Affordable Care Act
Preventive services for women covered under the Affordable Care Act