Charter school resources and information
November 8, 2013
The Oregon School Boards Association is dedicated to providing outstanding service to those who serve on the boards of directors of Oregon school districts, community colleges, education service districts and charter schools.
Public charter schools are an innovative alternative to help meet the wide range of needs of Oregon students.
- Frequently asked questions - The most commonly asked questions about Oregon's public charter school law are listed, including general background, application process, student and employee questions.
- Funding - Charter schools are funded out of the State School Fund. Charter students are considered residents of the school district in which the public charter school is located for purposes of distributing the State School Fund. There are two funding levels, based on the sponsorship.
- Start a new charter school - Learn how to process a charter school application. The process for how to approach a charter school application is fairly regimented and dictated by law, our legal services are available to assist.
- Resources - Links to charter school resources on other websites such as Oregon Revised Statutes governing charter schools and Regional Education Laboratories Northwest (REL Northwest).
- Services available - OSBA offers a variety of services to support public charter schools as they educate students. We can prepare school board members to be better and stronger leaders.
- OSBA associate members gain access to membership benefits
designed for charter schools that include, legal, policy, board governance, human resources, communications and other issues.
Charter school application process
Charter schools frequently asked questions
Getting started with charter school services