September 23, 2013
The OSBA PERS information center contains the latest information about PERS and a high-level summary of the PERS challenge.
- PERS glossary - a list of terms related to PERS.
- PERS background - A summary of the PERS challenges including clips from the 2012 Summer Board Conference workshop on PERS.
- 2013 PERS reforms - Information regarding the PERS reforms proposed to the 2013 Oregon Legislature.
- Webinar recording - OSBA's February 25, 2013 webinar with John Tapogna, President of ECONorthwest, on the PERS challenge.
- YouTube video - John Taponga, President of ECONorthwest discusses the challenges Oregon's Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) poses for the state and explains how we got to this point.
- Everything you wanted to know about PERS (736k ) - 2012 Summer Board presentation by Carol Samuels, Sr. Vice President, Seattle NW Securities; Lance Colley, Business Operations Director, Roseburg Public Schools
- Who Pays the PERS? Information from OSBA's Salary Survey on who pays the PERS contribution in Oregon districts
- PERS Website - The home page of the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System website.
- Economic Impact Study (97k ) - March 2011 study quantifying the total effect of PERS benefit payments on Oregon’s economy.
- PERS employer contribution brief - (171k ) - Explanation of how PERS employer contribution rates are set.
- Employer Information - Information for employers on rates, announcements, frequently asked questions, etc.
- Employer Forms - forms for employers including reporting forms, new employee forms, retirement forms, etc.
PERS background information
PERS frequently asked questions