The Winston-Dillard School District No. 116, Winston, Oregon, School Board, is seeking a highly qualified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2022.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the School Board in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 185 miles south of Portland
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired qualifications.
• Puts KIDS first; serving K-12 students from all walks of life;
• Background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) preferably in small rural communities similar to Winston-Dillard;
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values;
• Effective communication and listening skills;
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency);
• Is personable/ approachable while keeping an open mind; good sense of humor;
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills;
• Strong participation in our community, schools and school programs;
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success;
• Works well with others with a high-degree of cultural competency.
• The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent’s license.
• Total Compensation: Negotiable, $130,000 – 140,000.
• Closing date for applications: December 15, 2021 (11:30 p.m. central time)
• School Board selects finalists to interview: Between January 12 - 19, 2022
• Interviews with the Board of Directors: January 13 - February 4, 2022
• Selection of new Superintendent: Early February 2022
• Start date: July 1, 2022
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor St., Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144
Winston-Dillard No. 116 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.