Portland Public Schools is seeking a dynamic candidate to fill the position of Deputy Chief Human Resources Officer. Portland Public Schools is the largest school district in the Pacific Northwest, serving more than 48,500 students in 81 schools, as well as alternative schools, charter schools and specialized programs for the students with special needs.
The primary function of the Deputy Chief Human Resources Officer is to directly manage the operation and leaders of the HRIS, Employee Benefits, Talent Acquisition Management and Training and Development teams and works closely together with the Employee & Labor Relation, Classification & Compensation and Workforce Diversity & Development teams to drive the day-to-day operations of a highly complex, full-service Human Resources Department.
CLASSIFICATION AND SALARY This position is classified as Deputy Chief, Pay Grade SL100, on the Senior Leadership salary schedule FLSA Exempt. The salary range is $118,500 - $154,050.
The Senior Leadership Salary Schedule can be found here
For more details, the complete Classification Specification can be viewed here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education, Training and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, I/O Psychology, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field required.
• Seven (7) years of human resources management experience in a full-service Human Resources operation required. At least three of these years must have been in a management capacity, overseeing multiple human resources operations and/or employee/labor relation activities and staff.
Any other combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the candidate is likely to possess the skill, knowledge, ability and trait characteristics essential for this classification may be considered.
• PHR, SPHR certification.
• Experience in a unionized organization and/or school district, municipal, state or federal public agency.
• Demonstrated excellent human relation skills including ability to deal with highly stressful situations.
• Ability to adapt and work effectively in an environment of rapidly and changing requirements and multiple demands.
• Proven successful experience in human resources functions, processes and principles in a public educational setting.
• Ability to listen carefully and empathetically.
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership by developing, building, directing and motivating a large and diverse workforce.
• Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit our website at: http://www.pps.net/Page/2158 CLOSING DATE: This job is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received. The PPS Human Resources Department reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any point during the posting period.
The District is focused on eliminating systemic racism and its impact on student learning.
PPS is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all its educational and employment activities. The District prohibits discrimination based on race; national or ethnic origin; color; sex; religion; age; sexual orientation; gender expression or identity; pregnancy; marital status; familial status; economic status or source of income; mental or physical disability or perceived disability or perceived disability; or military service. Portland Public Schools is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Opening Date: May 16, 2017
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Portland Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.