Executive Director: Muddy Creek Charter School, Corvallis, Oregon
Notice of Open Administrative Position
Position: Executive Director
Organization: Muddy Creek Charter School
Closing date: May 29, 2021
Position Begins: August 1, 2021
- Maintains an emotionally healthy and physically safe environment conducive to the total educational development of the students. Maintains effective student discipline. Provides plans for emergency situations.
- Collaborates with staff to facilitate the planning, development and implementation of instructional programs consistent with the mission and vision of Muddy Creek Charter School including curriculum, teaching materials, and methods.
- Meet and maintain policies, guidelines, rules and regulations of the Inavale Community Partners School Board, The Corvallis School District, The State Board of Education, MCCS Charter agreement, the State of Oregon and Federal requirements.
- Facilitates mentorship and training opportunities for staff.
- Promotes trust and respect to develop teachers through collaborative decision making and teamwork.
- Oversees all personnel issues including hiring, discipline, termination, supervision and evaluation, supporting and promoting equity, and staff development.
- Collaborate with teachers to create a formal and efficient decision-making and communication structure.
- Maintains communication with staff, students, families, Corvallis School District, and community groups to ensure an understanding of school programs, goals, and objectives.
- Directs and supervises all school support services such as custodial services and physical plant operations; and facility and ground repair, maintenance, and alterations.
- Manages emergency planning and ensures timely completion of safety drills and related training
Financial and Administrative Management
- Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and regulations mandated by federal and state laws, Corvallis School District requirements, the Muddy Creek charter, bylaws, and Board-established measures of accountability.
- Will work with the board, teachers, and staff to review the management structure of the school to encourage stability, teacher independence, and community involvement.
- Prepares and presents operational reports to the Board and assists in preparing monthly meeting agendas.Provides strategic input and recommendations.
- Works closely with the Board and Financial Manager in development and management of capital and operating budgets for the school. Controls expenditures within approved budgets.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the Corvallis School District
- Current Oregon Administrator’s license or qualified to obtain one prior to start.
- Passion for place-based learning preferred.
- Prior elementary teaching experience.
- Exceptional communication, organization and interpersonal skills expected.
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain focus and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work as a participating member in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient use of technology in all aspects of job duties.