The Elgin School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as superintendent/principal. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Elgin school district serves approximately 430 students in grades K – 12. Elgin School District includes one K - 6 elementary and one 7 - 12 Junior High/High School. The district employs a staff of 35 licensed staff, 20 classified staff, three confidential/supervisory and two administrative staff. The district has a general fund budget of approximately $6.2 million.
Elgin School District is located in the northeast corner of Oregon. It is a thirty-minute drive from Eastern Oregon University in La Grande and 90 minutes from Wallowa Lake and the Eagle Cap Wilderness Area.
The Qualities and Qualifications of the position:
• Effective communication and listening skills
• Background in teaching and building administration, preferably in small rural areas similar to Elgin
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values; culturally competent; respectful of all groups
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency)
• Works well with others; strong collaborator that empowers students, staff, parents and community members
• Highly visible in our community and schools.
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills
• Has experience in recruiting, retaining, and developing highly qualified staff
The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $95,000 - $110,000. The successful candidate must hold an Oregon Administrators license and provide proof of compliance with OAR 333-019-1030 (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Teachers and School Staff).
Application Process: Application packets are submitted directly to the District. For any questions you may call Dianne Greif, 541-437-1211 or 541-805-5073.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license.
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)