The Greater Albany Public Schools, Albany, Oregon, School Board, is seeking a highly qualified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2022.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the School Board in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 70 miles south of Portland
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make.
• Our next superintendent is a skilled communicator, intent on engaging and listening to all stakeholders. This includes specific communication strategies to reach members of our diversity-rich community who have not always felt their voices heard and validated.
• Our next superintendent is a unifier who engages and listens with humility and compassion.
• Our next superintendent is an instructional leader who implements rigorous and engaging programs which ensure all students achieve academic excellence.
• Our next superintendent understands the importance of social, emotional and mental health supports for staff and students.
• Our next superintendent is committed to the delivery of equitable outcomes and systems for all students.
• Closing date for applications: December 13, 2021 (11:30 p.m. central time)
• School Board selects finalists to interview: January 10, 2022
• Semi-Finalists Interviews with the School Board: January 18-21, 2022
• Finalists Interviews with the School Board: January 25-28, 2022
• Selection of new Superintendent: February 14, 2022
• Start date: July 1, 2022
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C.
11725 Arbor St., Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68144
Greater Albany Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.