The Yamhill-Carlton School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as superintendent. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Yamhill-Carlton School District is centrally located in the northern Willamette Valley between the Portland metropolitan area and the scenic Oregon coast. The district serves the 144 square miles surrounding the communities of Carlton and Yamhill which are nestled at the eastern base of the Coast Range. The district serves approximately 1,060 students with a comprehensive K-12 program in one high school (grades 9-12), one intermediate (grades 4-8) one grade school (grades K-3) and one online/home school (Alliance Academy). Yamhill-Carlton employs a staff of 61 licensed staff; 43 classified staff; 6 confidential staff; and 6 administrative staff. The district projects a general fund budget of approximately $13 million.
The Qualities and Qualifications of the position:
The successful candidate will have the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective, transparent communication and good listening skills.
• Background in K-12 teaching and building administration preferably in small rural communities with diverse populations similar to Yamhill-Carlton; understands the K-12 construct, especially as it relates to Yamhill-Carlton.
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids.
• High degree of integrity/honesty; respectful of all groups; strong core values; culturally competent.
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success.
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency).
• An empowering and innovative leadership style that collaborates, builds consensus and trust; inspires all while building a respectful work environment.
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; works well with others; good sense of humor.
• Highly visible; actively participates in school and community activities.
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and budgeting skills, experience implementing a bond preferred.
The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $130,000 - $145,000. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
Application Process: Application packets are submitted via the Revelus application portal, linked below. All applicants will submit a candidate profile (which will be completed when you create your Revelus account) and application as well as upload the following documents to the application portal linked below. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
OUT-OF-STATE CANDIDATES: To ensure eligibility for an Oregon administrator’s license, direct inquiries to: Oregon Teachers Standards and Practices Commission,
503-378-3586; fax 503-378-4448; www.tspc.state.or.us.
Yamhill-Carlton School District provides equal opportunities in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in accordance with state and federal law. Consistent with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process by contacting Steve Kelley at 1-800-578-6722.
APPLICATION OPEN: Nov 23, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Jan 18, 2021
INTERVIEWS: Feb 18 - 19, 2021
ASSUME POSITION: July 1, 2021
Yamhill-Carlton School District is an equal opportunity employer.