The Springfield Public Schools, Springfield, Oregon, Board of Education, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2019.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Education in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 110 miles south of Portland
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
• A visionary, ethical and inspirational leader who demonstrates honesty, empathy, trust, humor and hard work
• A dedicated leader of equity with a successful track record for improving social and academic success for every student
• A mission-driven leader who will embrace and promote the current strategic plan and will employ courageous conversations to improve and achieve its objectives
• A community leader who is dedicated to making a long-term commitment to the District, students and community
• A collaborative leader who demonstrates superior communication skills
• A decisive decision maker who holds themselves and others to the same high expectations and accountability
Note: Salary range is $175,000 to $195,00 based on experience and qualifications
• Closing date for applications: January 16, 2019 (11:30 p.m. central time)
• Board of Education selects finalists to interview: February 7 or 8, 2019
• Interviews with the Board of Education: Week of February 18, 2019
• Selection of new Superintendent: March 19, 2019
• Start date: July 1, 2019
Springfield Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.
Opening Date: November 29, 2018
Closing Date: January 16, 2019
Springfield Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.