The Reynolds School District, Fairview, Oregon, Board of Directors, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2018.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the board in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: Fairview, Oregon (Portland metro area)
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The board developed the following desired characteristics:
• A visionary leader with deep understanding of education issues and best practices who can make child-centered decisions leading to improved achievement for all students.
• A culturally competent leader with demonstrated passion for quality educational opportunities that are fair and equitable for all children. One with proven understanding of the strength of diversity and cultural differences while building collaborative communities.
• An individual with strong character who leads by example. Possesses clear personal and professional qualities of a good educational leader such as honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity with the ability to communicate amiably and with a sense of humor.
• A good decision-maker who is well organized, an active listener, able to motivate communities and staff, can delegate effectively, is skilled in setting goals for the future, and has a track record of success with district-level operations.
• An advocate for all kids, holding high expectations for student achievement and behavior and assisting students to realize the value of education. Realizes the primary focus of the school district must always be the students.
Salary Range: $180,000 - $210,000 plus benefits
• Closing date for applications: March 12, 2018 (11:30 p.m. central time)
• Board of Directors selects finalists to interview: April 4, 2018
• Finalists interviews with the board: April 9, 10, 12, 13, 2018
• Selection of new Superintendent: April 2018
• Start date: July 1, 2018