Superintendent: Philomath School District, Philomath, Oregon
Notice of Open Administrative Position
The Philomath School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license. The School Board will offer a competitive salary based on similar-sized districts depending on the candidate’s skills and experience.
The Philomath School District is comprised of about 1,600 students in one primary, two elementary, one middle and one high school. The district also oversees a K-12 charter school and K-12 Philomath Academy. The district employs a staff of 96 licensed employees, 68 classified employees, 12 confidential employees, and ten administrators. The district has a general fund budget of $22.5 million and a total budget of $37.7 million.
Known as the City of Volunteers, the Philomath School District enjoys the strong support of a family-oriented community. Philomath is located in the southern Willamette Valley just five miles from Corvallis and Oregon State University and fifty miles from Eugene, Oregon’s second largest city and home to the University of Oregon. Benton County Historical Museum, completed in 1867, is a commanding structure that still serves as the centerpiece of the community. Recreational opportunities such as hunting, fishing, hiking and the scenic Oregon coast are all within a short drive.
Qualities and Qualification of the positions:
The successful candidate will have the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective, transparent communication and good listening skills.
• Background in teaching and building administration preferably in communities with diverse populations similar to Philomath.
• High degree of integrity/honesty; respectful of all groups; strong core values; culturally competent.
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids.
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; works well with others; good sense of humor.
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency).
• An empowering leadership style that collaborates, builds consensus and inspires while building a respectful work environment.
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills.
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success.
• Highly visible; actively participates in school and community activities.
The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $135,000 - $145,000. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
Application Process: Application packets are submitted via the Revelus application portal, linked below. All applicants will submit a candidate profile (which will be completed when you create your Revelus account) and application as well as upload the following documents to the application portal linked below. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
Click this link to submit your application packet: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
APPLICATION OPEN: December 23, 2020
CLOSING DATE: February 3,2021
FIRST ROUND INTERVIEWS: March 3 - 10, 2021
FINAL INTERVIEWS: March 30 - 30, 2021
ASSUME POSITION: July 1, 2021
For information regarding the position or questions about the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist email@example.com • 503.400.3047 (direct)
OUT-OF-STATE CANDIDATES: To ensure eligibility for an Oregon administrator’s license, direct inquiries to: Oregon Teachers Standards and Practices Commission,
503-378-3586; fax 503-378-4448; www.tspc.state.or.us.
Philomath School District provides equal opportunities in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in accordance with state and federal law. Consistent with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process by contacting Steve Kelley at 1-800-578-6722.
The TimelineAPPLICATION OPEN: December 23, 2020
CLOSING DATE: February 3, 2021
FIRST ROUND INTERVIEWS: March 3 -10, 2021
FINAL INTERVIEWS: March 30 - 31, 2021
ASSUME POSITION: July 1, 2021