The North Bend School District, North Bend, Oregon, Board of Directors, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2019.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Directors in identifying and screening the candidates.
Enrollment: 2,300 (also, 2,000 online charter school)
Location: 220 miles south of Portland
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
• The North Bend School District is seeking a student-centered leader who is willing to take a chance, who is an innovative and forward thinker and not hindered by a “we’ve always done it this way” attitude. The individual is a visionary who also possesses short and mid-term execution skills.
• The ideal candidate is skilled in administrative leadership including knowledge in the areas of negotiations, policy, education law and human resources.
• The new superintendent must possess excellent communications skills as well as the ability to be a great listener. The successful candidate must have the ability to clearly articulate the District’s strategic initiatives, mission and vision.
• Our next leader must demonstrate the ability to be visible in the schools and community, interacting comfortably with students, staff, parents and community members.
• The successful candidate models high ethical standards for personal and professional character and performance with the ability to make fair and courageous decisions that benefit all students and the District.
• Closing date for applications: January 23, 2019 (11:30 p.m. central time)
• Board of Directors selects finalists to interview: February 20, 2019
• Interviews with the Board of Directors: February 25-March 1, 2019
• Selection of new Superintendent: March 12, 2019
• Start date: July 1, 2019
North Bend School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and, when needed, will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees. Anyone requesting a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruitment process please contact McPherson & Jacobson at the address/phone/email above.
Opening Date: November 29, 2018
Closing Date: January 23, 2019
The North Bend School District is an equal opportunity employer.