- Recruitment and jobs
- Executive Search Vacancies
- Nevada Association of School Board Executive Director Vacancy
Executive Director: Nevada Association of School Boards, Reno, Nevada
Notice of Open Administrative Position
Position: Executive Director
Location: Reno, Nevada
Organization: Nevada non-profit corporation
Membership: Seventeen public school districts in Nevada
Base Compensation: $65,000 to $105,000 depends on relevant experience
Initial Contract Term: 12 mos.
Closing Date: September 24, 2018 (or open until filled)
Start Date: January 1, 2019
About the Organization:
The Nevada Association of School Boards (NASB) is a non-profit organization incorporated in 1963 designed to support school board leadership across the state. NASB works primarily to enhance and improve the performance of both individual board members and school boards as governing teams. NASB serves a variety of individuals including elected officials as board members and other education policy makers, public school superintendents and principals, as well as, charter school board members and other educational leaders.
About the Position:
The Executive Director is the chief management leader of NASB responsible for overseeing and performing supervisory, administrative, and analytical public advocacy work on behalf of the members of the Nevada Association of School Boards. This work is done under general direction from the Executive Committee and Board of Directors. The Executive Director provides overall leadership for the Association’s professional development, website, directory, budgeting, personnel, and coordination with other public agencies, civic organizations, and public education advocates. Key duties include fundraising, information dissemination, and coordinating professional development for school trustees. The Executive Director conducts the operational responsibilities of the Association and implement directions from the Board of Directors within the limits of the Bylaws in order to provide high quality information, service, and leadership programs for the local school trustees of Nevada.
- An advanced degree preferred in education, public administration, political science, or a related field;
- 10-15 years of progressively responsible experience in public education, including public policy advocacy;
- any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities;
- Possess a valid Nevada driver’s license;
- Must meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform assigned duties, including lifting fifty-five (55) pounds on an occasional basis and in excess of fifty-five (55) pounds with assistance.
General Qualities & Characteristics:
- Successful experience as a leader and administrator who is approachable and possesses a positive attitude;
- An understanding of and/or experience with the political process at the national, state and local level in connection with public education issues;
- An effective decision-maker experienced in budget development and financial management;
- Knowledge of current statewide and national challenges and opportunities facing public education;
- Ability to work effectively within the organizational structure of a voluntary association;
- Appreciation for diversity and the opportunities it presents from a staff level to the membership level;
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills who is a strong advocate for improving learning and achievement for ALL public school students;
- Demonstrates the ability to build, motivate and direct an effective staff; and
- Demonstrated ability and dedication to long-range and strategic planning and evaluations.
For a complete Job Description/Overview, contact the Search Consultant.
Submitting an Application:
The Application Requirements are:
• Letter of Interest explaining why you are qualified for this position
• Completed Executive Director Application Form (obtain from Search Consultant)
• Current Resume, Curriculum Vitae or Biography covering at least the last 10 years
• Letters of Recommendation (3 to 5 required – two of which must be from individuals who previously supervised the applicant or worked closely with him/her or are from individuals serving in Nevada’s public or high education communities – all of whom will be contacted as a part of the selection process).
For additional information about the position or application materials contact the Search Consultant. Submit all application materials electronically by e-mail attachment to:
Greg McKenzie, Search Consultant
1470 Rosemont Road, West Linn, Oregon 97068
Email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Nevada Association of School Boards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.