The Mt. Angel School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as superintendent. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Mt. Angel School District is comprised of approximately 725 students in one K-5 elementary, one 6th - 8th middle and one 9th - 12th high school. The district employs a staff of 46 certified employees, 35 classified employees, and five administrators. The district has a total budget of approximately $9.8 million.
Mt. Angel is located approximately 40 miles south of Portland, Oregon in the Mid-Willamette Valley. The town is known for being a quaint Bavarian town and home to the world-famous Oktoberfest each September. Mt. Angel also boasts the Mt. Angel Abbey and the Queen of Angels Priory and is near to Silver Falls State Park.
The Qualities and Qualifications of the position:
• Effective communication and listening skills; culturally competent;
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids K-12;
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values;
• Background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) preferably in small rural areas similar to the Mt. Angel community;
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind;
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency);
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success;
• Works well with others; strong collaborator that empowers students, staff, parents and community members;
• Highly visible in our community and schools;
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills;
The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $113,000 - $139,000 plus COLA for the 2021-22 school year. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
Application Process: Application packets are submitted via the Revelus application portal, linked below. All applicants will submit a candidate profile (which will be completed when you create your Revelus account) and application as well as upload the following documents to the application portal linked below. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
OUT-OF-STATE CANDIDATES: To ensure eligibility for an Oregon administrator’s license, direct inquiries to: Oregon Teachers Standards and Practices Commission,
503-378-3586; fax 503-378-4448; www.tspc.state.or.us.
Mt. Angel School District provides equal opportunities in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in accordance with state and federal law. Consistent with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process by contacting Steve Kelley at 1-800-578-6722.
APPLICATION OPEN: March 11, 2020
CLOSING DATE: April 15, 2021
INTERVIEWS: May 5 -8, 2021
FINALIST FORUM: May 17 - 18, 2021
ASSUME POSITION: July 1, 2021
Mt. Angel School District is an equal opportunity employer.