Superintendent: Lincoln County, Newport, Oregon
Notice of Open Administrative Position
Lincoln County School District is seeking a candidate with outstanding leadership skills for the position of Superintendent.
Our district serves students from all areas in the county, which occupies a 55-mile strip of the central Oregon coast beginning at Cascade Head, south to Cape Perpetua. East-West distances averages about 20 miles from the Pacific Ocean to inland areas. The county's total area of about 1,000 square miles makes it comparable in size to Rhode Island.
The county's 47,038 residents cluster around the coastal communities of Lincoln City, Depoe Bay, Newport, Waldport and Yachats, and around inland communities of Toledo, Siletz and Eddyville. Each area of our district is unique, with different perspectives and cultures. Overriding all areas and schools in Lincoln County School District is a commitment to quality learning for students and staff.
Our guiding philosophy of "continuous improvement" is intended for all who touch our district.
The District serves about 5,200 students from Kindergarten through 12th grade in 10 regular schools and four public charter schools, with a total of approximately 500 employees.
In order to be considered for our position, please apply online at https://lincolnco.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx with a Recruit and Hire application.
• Oregon Administrative Licensure (or be able to obtain license)
• Record of increasingly responsible education positions
• Successful teaching and leadership experience at the elementary level
• Clear understanding of IDEA and Title programs
• Understanding of best practices in early literacy and mathematics
• Understanding of Oregon standards and assessments and the ability to use data to lead school improvement efforts
• Effective management of school operations that support teaching and learning
• Commitment to working with students from minority and/or lower income background
• Promote a widely shared institutional belief that every child deserves and can have expert instruction and that all teachers must be advocates for students
• Hold high academic and behavioral expectations for all students
• Actively engage all stakeholders and create a welcoming, positive learning environment that motivates students
• Maintain high standards of ethics and open communication with all stakeholders including students, teachers, parents, and school administrators
• Consistently seek and share best practices as an active and effective participant that contributes to a Professional Learning Community
• Manage disciplinary actions, dress code, and oversee suspensions and expulsions for all students
• Plan and implement school programs designed to develop student character and discipline
• Maintain instructional leadership to ensure the success of the school and the implementation of a positive school culture
• Regularly observe administrators and staff monitoring the effectiveness and implementation of driving state standards to foster student learning through research- based curriculum
• Successful experience in public school administration and supervision
• Skills in working with diverse populations of students
• Collaborative skills
• Budgeting skills
• Have administrative and teaching experience
• Bilingual desired
• Strong instructional leader
• Community builder with staff, families and students
• Strong communicator
• Highly visible and available
• Passion for the work
• Honors diverse families
• Empowers staff
• Works alongside staff, approachable and complimentary
• Keep spirit of district collaborative
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Base Salary (2018-19): $160,000
• Contract: 260-day contract between July 1, 2018, and June 30, 2019.
• Benefits: family medical, dental, life, and vision; employer-paid PERS, plus professional development allocation.
*Unlike many districts, Lincoln County School District pays the employee’s portion of PERS.
Applicants must apply on Recruit & Hire and are to submit/upload the following in the online application:
• Recruit and Hire Online Application - APPLICATION
• Transcripts (official or unofficial)
• Copies of current teaching and administrative certificates
• Five (5) letters of Recommendation as one uploaded document - they must be from the following sources:
* Association Leadership
* Someone you overcame a conflict with
* Board Member
• Leadership Questions - please download form from the following link and upload as a PDF attachment within the online application - Leadership Questionnaire
• Mentor Questions - please download form from the following link and upload as an attachment within the online application - Mentor Questions
• NOT SUBMITTED THROUGH RECRUIT AND HIRE - Video of Interest through SPARKHIRE - Why I would be a good candidate for the LCSD Superintendent - Follow the link for instructions to record a short video -
SparkHire Video Link
ADDRESS ALL CORRESPONDENCE TO:
Tom Rinearson, Superintendent, email@example.com
Application materials will remain confidential. Reference checks will be made. Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Lincoln County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Opening Date: December 15, 2017
Closing Date: January 19, 2018