The Junction City School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as superintendent. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Junction City School District is comprised of approximately 1,700 students in one K-4 elementary, one K-5 elementary, one 5- 8 middle and one 9-12 high school. The district employs a staff of 109 licensed employees, 100 classified employees, 15 confidential employees, and 13 administrators. The district has a total budget of approximately $20 million and a bond.
The Junction City School District is located approximately 15 miles north of Eugene on highway 99 in Lane County. Junction City has a historic railroading past and is currently known for manufacturing and farming. The city boasts historic older neighborhoods and well-planned newer developments with a small-town feel.
Qualities and Qualification of the positions: The successful candidate will have the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective, transparent communication and good listening skills.
• Background in teaching and building administration preferably in communities with diverse populations similar to Junction City.
• High degree of integrity/honesty; respectful of all groups; strong core values; culturally competent; has a clear equity centered vision with a focus on students who have been historically under-served.
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids.
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; works well with others; good sense of humor.
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency).
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success.
• An empowering leadership style that collaborates, builds consensus and inspires while building a respectful work environment.
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills.
• Highly visible; actively participates in school and community activities.
• Committed to maintaining a focus on professional collaboration in support of instructional improvement and increasing student achievement.
The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $148,000 - $158,000. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
Application Process: Application packets are submitted via the Revelus application portal, linked below. All applicants will submit a candidate profile (which will be completed when you create your Revelus account) and application as well as upload the following documents to the application portal linked below. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
For information regarding the position or questions about the application process, contact: Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist email@example.com • 503.400.3047 (direct)
OUT-OF-STATE CANDIDATES: To ensure eligibility for an Oregon administrator’s license, direct inquiries to: Oregon Teachers Standards and Practices Commission,
503-378-3586; fax 503-378-4448; www.tspc.state.or.us.
Junction City School District provides equal opportunities in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in accordance with state and federal law. Consistent with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process by contacting Steve Kelley at 1-800-578-6722.
APPLICATION OPEN: January 27, 2021
CLOSING DATE: March 8, 2021
FIRST ROUND INTERVIEWS: April 1 - 4, 2021
FINALIST FORUM: April 1 - 4, 2021
ASSUME POSITION: July 1, 2021
Junction City School District is an equal opportunity employer.