The Ione School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education to serve as superintendent/principal. The successful candidate must have experience as a teacher, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Ione School District serves approximately 150 students in grades K-12 in one K-6 elementary school and one 7-12 middle/high school. The district employs a staff of 17 licensed staff; 12 classified staff; one confidential staff; and two administrative staff. The district has two bonds and projects a general fund budget of approximately $4.0 million.
Ione is a small farming community located in north eastern Oregon, in Morrow County, along Highway 74. The historic Oregon Trail crosses nearby at Well Springs. The community values family and education.
The Qualities and Qualifications of the position:
The successful candidate will have the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective, transparent communication and good listening skills.
• Background in teaching and building administration preferably in communities similar to Ione.
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all.
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; works well with others; possesses a good sense of humor.
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicates the reasons.
• A high degree of integrity/honesty; strong core values; culturally competent.
• Willing to become an active participant in both Ione schools and the community; highly visible
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and budgeting skills.
• An empowering leadership style that collaborates, builds consensus, teamwork and inspires while building a respectful work environment.
The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $101,000 - $116,000. Housing available. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license. Teaching experience required.
Application Process: Application packets are submitted via the Revelus application portal, linked below. All applicants will submit a candidate profile (which will be completed when you create your Revelus account) and application as well as upload the following documents to the application portal linked below. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
OUT-OF-STATE CANDIDATES: To ensure eligibility for an Oregon administrator’s license, direct inquiries to: Oregon Teachers Standards and Practices Commission,
503-378-3586; fax 503-378-4448; www.tspc.state.or.us.
Ione School District provides equal opportunities in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in accordance with state and federal law. Consistent with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process by contacting Steve Kelley at 1-800-578-6722.
APPLICATION OPEN: Dec. 30, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Feb. 10, 2021
INTERVIEWS: Mar. 1 -5, 2021
FINALIST FORUM: Mar. 17 - 18, 2021
ASSUME POSITION: July 1, 2021
Ione School District is an equal opportunity employer.