The Dayville School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as superintendent/principal. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Dayville School District serves approximately 77 students in grades PreK-12 in one school building which includes an early learning center/daycare. The district employs a staff of six licensed staff; ten classified staff; two confidential staff; and one administrative staff. The district has a bond and projects a general fund budget of approximately $1.7 million.
Dayville is located at the west end of the beautiful John Day Valley in Easter Oregon, in close proximity to the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument and Picture Gorge. The region is widely known as an outdoor paradise with ranching, big game hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, bird watching, photography, rock hounding and geological study readily available.
The Qualities and Qualifications of the position:
• Effective communication and listening skills.
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency).
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values.
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids K-12.
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; works well with others.
• Background in teaching and building administration preferably in small rural communities similar to Dayville.
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills.
• An empowering leadership style that collaborates, builds consensus, empowers and inspires while building a respectful work environment.
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success.
The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $70,000 - $85,000. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
Application Process: Application packets are submitted via the Revelus application portal, linked below. All applicants will submit a candidate profile (which will be completed when you create your Revelus account) and application as well as upload the following documents to the application portal linked below. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
OUT-OF-STATE CANDIDATES: To ensure eligibility for an Oregon administrator’s license, direct inquiries to: Oregon Teachers Standards and Practices Commission,
503-378-3586; fax 503-378-4448; www.tspc.state.or.us.
Dayville School District provides equal opportunities in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in accordance with state and federal law. Consistent with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process by contacting Steve Kelley at 1-800-578-6722.
APPLICATION OPEN: Nov 17, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Jan 12, 2021
INTERVIEWS: Jan 28 - Feb 10, 2021
FINALIST FORUM: Mar 1 - 2, 2021
ASSUME POSITION: July 1, 2021
Dayville School District is an equal opportunity employer.