The Central Curry School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as superintendent. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Central Curry School District is comprised of about 440 students in one elementary (K-8) and one high school (9-12). The district employs a staff of 29 licensed employees, 29 classified employees, three confidential employees, and six administrators. The district has a general fund budget of approximately $7 million and a bond.
Gold Beach is located on the Southern Oregon coast where the Rogue River meets the Pacific Ocean. Activities in the area include fishing, whale watching and hiking. Adventure seekers can enjoy jet boat tours on the Rogue River, while land-lovers can take a picturesque drive on Highway 101 south of Gold Beach, a stretch that was voted one of the best scenic routes in America.
The Qualities and Qualifications of the position:
• Effective communication and listening skills.
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency).
• Background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) preferably in small rural communities.
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values.
• Empowering innovative leadership that collaborates with community and staff committed to serving all kids K-12.
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; good sense of humor.
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills.
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success.
• Works well with others with a high-degree of cultural competency.
The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $105,000 - $120,000. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
Application Process: Application packets are submitted via the Revelus application portal, linked below. All applicants will submit a candidate profile (which will be completed when you create your Revelus account) and application as well as upload the following documents to the application portal linked below. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
OUT-OF-STATE CANDIDATES: To ensure eligibility for an Oregon administrator’s license, direct inquiries to: Oregon Teachers Standards and Practices Commission,
503-378-3586; fax 503-378-4448; www.tspc.state.or.us.
Central Curry School District provides equal opportunities in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in accordance with state and federal law. Consistent with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process by contacting Steve Kelley at 1-800-578-6722.