The Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as superintendent/principal. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District serves approximately 250 students in grades K-12 in one K-6 elementary school and one 7-12 middle/high school. The district employs a staff of 23 licensed staff; 21 classified staff; two confidential staff; and two administrative staff. The district has a bond and projects a general fund budget of approximately $4.6 million.
Crow-Applegate-Lorane is nestled in the rural valleys of Crow and Lorane, just 15 minutes south and west of Eugene with easy access to Eugene’s urban facilities, employment opportunities and the University of Oregon.
The Qualities and Qualifications of the position:
• Puts KIDS first; serving K-12 students from all walks of life;
• Background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) preferably in small rural communities similar to Crow-Applegate-Lorane;
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values;
• Effective communication and listening skills;
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency);
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; good sense of humor;
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success;
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills;
• Highly visible in our community and schools;
• Works well with others with a high-degree of cultural competency.
The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $105,000 - $115,000. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
Application Process: Application packets are submitted via the Revelus application portal, linked below. All applicants will submit a candidate profile (which will be completed when you create your Revelus account) and application as well as upload the following documents to the application portal linked below. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
1. Completed Application form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter of interest
4. 3-5 current letters of reference
5. Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility
6. A statement on how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
OUT-OF-STATE CANDIDATES: To ensure eligibility for an Oregon administrator’s license, direct inquiries to: Oregon Teachers Standards and Practices Commission,
503-378-3586; fax 503-378-4448; www.tspc.state.or.us.
Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District provides equal opportunities in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability in accordance with state and federal law. Consistent with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process by contacting Steve Kelley at 1-800-578-6722.
APPLICATION OPEN: Dec 8, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Jan 26, 2021
INTERVIEWS: Feb 20 - 23, 2021
FINALIST FORUM: Mar 10 - 11, 2021
ASSUME POSITION: July 1, 2021
Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District is an equal opportunity employer.