Webinar - Smarter Balanced
April 23, 2014, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
As Oregon approaches the implementation of the new Smarter Balanced Assessments, school board members across Oregon need to have the latest information about the newest standardized tests. OSBA is offering you the opportunity to learn more about the Smarter Balanced Assessments and ask questions about the impact this initiative will have on the work of your school board and staff.
Join OSBA Executive Director Betsy Miller-Jones as she hosts a webinar on Wednesday, April 23, 2014, to provide information about Smarter Balanced Assessments that is relevant to school board members.
- Doug Kosty, Assistant Superintendent in the Office of Learning
- Derek Brown, Director of Assessment
- Jon Wiens, Manager of Accountability and Reporting
The agenda includes:
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Overview: What it is, timelines, and resources;
- What are the key differences between OAKs and Smarter Balanced?
- How will the tests be administered and used or accountability?
- Q and A from participants.
For questions or additional information, contact Morgan Allen.
Download the slides (1.7 mb )