Webinar: Common Core Information for Board Members
December 2, 2013 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
As full implementation of the Common Core Standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics approach, school board members across Oregon are receiving questions from parents and community members at an increasing rate. OSBA is offering you the opportunity to learn more about the Common Core and, more importantly, ask questions about the impact this initiative will have on the work of your school board and staff.
Our agenda includes:
- Common Core 101 for school board members
- Challenges for school boards and school districts
- State Level Update and Q-and-A with Deputy Superintendent Rob Saxton
- Betsy Miller-Jones, OSBA Executive Director
- Rob Saxton, Deputy Superintendent of Public Instruction
If you missed the webinar
You can click here to listen to the webinar if you missed it. The first few minutes are connection information for the live session so you may want to skip past that portion by sliding the bar across the top.
If you are using Internet Explorer 11, you will need to add instantpresenter.com to your compatibility web sites.:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click the wheel icon in the upper right corner and choose "Compatibility view settings"
3. Add "instantpresenter.com" site to the list.
Presentation slides (1541KB) - View the speaker PowerPoint slides used during the presentation.
Teachers at the Core (1463KB) - Additional resource highlighted during the presentation.