76th Annual Convention
Nov. 11-13, 2022
Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront - 1401 SW Naito Parkway, Portland OR 97201 - 503-226-7600
We’ve missed you! We are excited to invite you to attend OSBA's 76th Annual Convention, Nov. 11-13, 2022, at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel. Mark your calendar, and come celebrate with us!
Online registration opens in August 2022. Check back for details on meal fees, hotels and deadlines.
||Prior to 10/7||
|Convention Registration (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
|Administrative Professionals' Workshop Registration (Thursday)||
|Council of School Attorneys Workshop Registration (Thursday)||
|Preconference Registration (Thursday)||
*After 10/7/2022, a $50 cancellation fee will apply.
|MEALS are not included in the cost of registration. Meals can be purchased during registration or onsite.|
For questions about registration, contact Jenn Nelson at email@example.com.
Note: Individuals must have a MyOSBA account to be registered for this event. If you need to set up a new account for an individual, contact Vicky Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charter schools -please read the following before registering for OSBA’s Annual Convention:
OSBA’s tax status changed as of July 1, 2018 (see FAQ linked below for details). Under this designation, OSBA can no longer accept dues and/or service fees from charter schools because they are not recognized as political subdivisions of the state as defined under federal tax code. Therefore, beginning July 1, 2018, charter schools will no longer be able to be associate members or contract directly with OSBA for services.
To access OSBA services, which includes conferences and events, charter schools are now required to submit a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) acknowledging that their sponsoring district has a process in place that provides access to OSBA services. This new requirement begins on July 1, 2018, which means OSBA needs to have your fully executed MOU on file prior to the conference (click here to see sample MOU), or we will not be able to honor your registration. Please mail the completed MOU to the address below, attention Vicky Black, or email email@example.com.
For questions about charter schools, please contact Kristen Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Student ArtEach year, the OSBA Convention showcases a student art display for about 350 attendees (board members, superintendents and community college presidents). The student art display is housed in the exhibitor hall and is open 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 10, and 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Friday, Nov. 11. Participants should bring 75 - 100 pieces that can be purchased by convention attendees. All proceeds are kept by the school program.
Lunch is provided to up to 4 students and chaperones; housing may be available on an as-needed basis.
Selection criteria include the following:
- Art must be of good quality
- Groups must bring pieces that can be sold; all transactions must be handled by the student group
- 75-100 pieces are required
For those interested in exhibiting student art:
1. Complete the Student Art Proposal Form found here.
2. Prepare and submit a presentation, document, or up to 10 photos that showcase your program’s art. Upload this into the form or include a link to a website that showcases your program’s art.
3. Submit the proposal and materials by September 1, 2022.
If you have questions about student art submissions, please contact Kristen Miles at email@example.com.
Thank you, we look forward to receiving your submission!
Call for Student EntertainersWe are looking for three or four student performance groups (band, orchestra, choir, ensemble, dance or theater) to perform at OSBA’s Annual Convention. The 2022 convention will be held Nov. 11-13, 2022, at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel.
Each year, the Annual Convention showcases student performing arts groups for the 800 attendees (board members, superintendents and community college presidents). Student groups will perform at general sessions or receptions/meal functions. OSBA will reimburse up to $1,000 of actual expenses (upon submission of receipts).
The selection criteria include the following:
- Performing group must be of high quality
- A variety of performance types (band, choral, etc.)
- A variety of age groups
- Upbeat, energetic, and entertaining styles are preferred
- A variety of school/college district sizes and types (rural, urban, etc.)
The performing group size is limited to 35 performers.
For those interested in performing:
1. Complete the Student Performance Proposal Form (found below)
2. Prepare and submit an audition CD or video or provide a link to your group’s performance on the web. These do not need to be of professional quality, but good enough for us to review a performance.
3. Submit the proposal and audition material by Friday, June 10, 2022, to:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist
Oregon School Boards Association
1201 Court St NE, Ste 400
Salem, OR 97301
Thank you, we look forward to receiving your submission!
Call for Workshop ProposalsMark your calendars to attend and participate in OSBA's 76th Annual Convention, Nov.11-13, 2022 at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel.
Our theme this year is “We’re Here for You.”
In particular, OSBA is seeking workshop content in the following areas:
• Board-superintendent relationships/board culture
• Amplify all communities’ voices in supporting student success
• Engaging youth in board governance
• Acknowledge and support each student’s unique needs
• Innovation and education
• Learn and model equitable practices in rural and urban settings
• Supporting student and staff social-emotional needs
Please consider submitting informative and interesting workshops proposals that primarily target school board members and superintendents to OSBA by our deadline, June 15, 2022.
The workshops are held on Friday and Saturday and are 75 minutes long. If your workshop is selected, it has a 50% chance of being scheduled on Saturday.
Complete the survey below to propose a workshop for the 2022 OSBA Annual Convention, you must complete this survey by June 15, 2022.
All workshop presenters are expected to register for the convention unless this presentation is the only area in which the presenter is participating. Meals are not included in registration. One may purchase meal tickets when registering, if so desired.
If you have questions, please contact Janet Avila-Medina at 503.485.4837 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, we look forward to receiving your submission! We simply cannot do this without you.