73rd Annual Convention
November 14-17, 2019
Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront - 1401 SW Naito Parkway, Portland OR 97201 - 503-226-7600
Call for Workshop Proposals
Mark your calendars to help celebrate OSBA's 73rd Annual Convention, November 14-17, 2019, at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel.
We are seeking informative and interesting workshops primarily targeting school board members and superintendents submitted to OSBA by May 15, 2019.
The convention features 75-minute workshops held on Friday and Saturday.
• Advocacy – Keeping the Promise of Oregon
• Increased graduation rates
• Trauma-informed practices
• Increasing student achievement
• Addressing chronic absenteeism
• Educational equity
• Successful board-superintendent relationship
• Strategic planning and implementation
• Community College/K-12 partnerships
• Balanced (Effective) Governance
• Facilities planning and addressing needs
To propose a workshop for the 2019 OSBA Annual Convention, please complete the survey linked below by the deadline of May 15, 2019.
All workshop presenters are expected to register for the convention unless this presentation is the only area in which the presenter is participating. Meals are purchased separately from registration.
If you have questions, please contact Renee Sessler at 503.588.2800 or email@example.com.
Thank you. We look forward to receiving your submissions
To propose a workshop for the 2019 OSBA Annual Convention click on the link below:
Convention registration is an expectation for all workshop presenters unless this presentation is the only area of participation the presenter(s) has. Meal participation is in addition to registration.
Thank you. We look forward to receiving your submissions.
Call for Student Entertainers
The Oregon School Boards Association is looking for three or four student performance groups (band, orchestra, choir, ensemble, dance and theater) to perform at OSBA’s Annual Convention. The 2019 convention will be held November 14-17, 2019 at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel.
Each year, the OSBA Convention showcases student performing arts groups for the 800 attendees (board members, superintendents and community college presidents). Student groups will perform at general sessions or receptions/meal functions. OSBA will reimburse up to $1,000 of actual expenses (upon submission of receipts).
The selection criteria include the following:
• Performing group must be of high quality
• A variety of performance types (band, choral, etc.)
• A variety of age groups
• Upbeat, energetic, and entertaining styles are preferred
• A variety of school/college district sizes and types (rural, urban, etc.)
The performing group size is limited to 35 performers.
For those interested in performing:
1. Complete the Student Performance Proposal Form found here.
2. Prepare and submit an audition CD or video or provide a link to your group’s performance on the web. These do not need to be of professional quality, but good enough for us to review a performance.
3. Submit the proposal and audition material by Friday, June 7, 2019 to:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist
Oregon School Boards Association
1201 Court St NE, Ste 400
Salem, OR 97301
We look forward to receiving your submission!