72nd Annual Convention
November 8-11, 2018
Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront - 1401 SW Naito Parkway, Portland OR 97201 - 503-226-7600
To view last year's Annual Convention webpage, click the link below.
Call for Workshop Proposals
Mark your calendars to help celebrate OSBA's 72nd Annual Convention, November 8-11, 2018, at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel.
We are seeking informative and interesting workshops primarily targeting school board members and superintendents submitted to OSBA by May 25, 2018.
The convention features 75-minute workshops held on Friday and Saturday.
Topics we are particularly interested in for the 2018 convention include those which address the board's role in:
- Educational equity
- Increased graduation rates
- Setting clear board expectations
- Increasing board member knowledge and understanding
- Accountability/monitoring for student learning
- Creating public will for district/program success
- Student achievement
- Keeping the Promise of Oregon
- Community college/K-12 partnerships
- Successful board-superintendent relationships
- Effective governance
To propose a workshop for the 2018 OSBA Annual Convention, please complete this survey by the deadline of May 25, 2018.
All workshop presenters are expected to register for the convention unless this presentation is the only area in which the presenter is participating. Meals are purchased separately from registration.
If you have questions, please contact Renee Sessler at 503.588.2800 or email@example.com.
Thank you. We look forward to receiving your submissions
To propose a workshop for the 2018 OSBA Annual Convention click on the link below:
Convention registration is an expectation for all workshop presenters unless this presentation is the only area of participation the presenter(s) has. Meal participation is in addition to registration.
Thank you. We look forward to receiving your submissions.
Call for Student Entertainers
The Oregon School Boards Association is looking for three or four student performance groups (band, orchestra, choir, ensemble, dance and theater) to perform at OSBA’s Annual Convention. The 2018 convention will be held November 8-11, 2018 at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel.
Each year, the OSBA Convention showcases student performing arts groups for the 800 attendees (board members, superintendents and community college presidents). Student groups will perform at general sessions or receptions/meal functions. OSBA will reimburse up to $1,000 of actual expenses (upon submission of receipts).
The selection criteria include the following:
• Performing group must be of high quality
• A variety of performance types (band, choral, etc.)
• A variety of age groups
• Upbeat, energetic, and entertaining styles are preferred
• A variety of school/college district sizes and types (rural, urban, etc.)
The performing group size is limited to 35 performers.
For those interested in performing:
1. Complete the Student Performance Proposal Form found here.
2. Prepare and submit an audition CD or video or provide a link to your group’s performance on the web. These do not need to be of professional quality, but good enough for us to review a performance.
3. Submit the proposal and audition material by Friday, May 25, 2018 to:
Donna Herren, Events and Executive Search Specialist
Oregon School Boards Association
1201 Court St NE, Ste 400
Salem, OR 97301
We look forward to receiving your submission.
Network: There’s no better way to connect with others and share experiences than at the receptions, meals, exhibits and workshops.
Dream: More than 50 workshops-including more than a dozen related to lifting graduation rates-provide you with tools and ideas to help you dream bigger about your students’ successes.
Invest: School boards make a difference in student learning. Invest in hearing the latest to increase student achievement in your district.
Celebrate: Great things are happening in public schools! At Convention, we recognize and celebrate “The Promise of Oregon,” student achievement and your accomplishments.