71st Annual Convention
November 9-12, 2017
Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
Call for Workshop Proposals
Mark your calendars to help celebrate OSBA’s 71st Annual Convention, November 9-12, 2017, at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel.
We are seeking informative and interesting workshops primarily targeting school board members and superintendents submitted to OSBA by May 26, 2017.
The convention format features 75-minute workshops. The workshops are held on Friday and Saturday (Veterans Day) of convention.
We are encouraging school districts, charter schools, colleges, education service districts, and other organizations to present sessions which showcase successful approaches to educational issues, as well as sessions which demonstrate the board’s role in the advancement of student achievement and promoting equity.
Topics we’re particularly interested in for the 2017 Convention include those which address the board’s role in:
• Increased Graduation Rates
• Student achievement
• Balanced (Effective) Governance
• Educational equity
• Advocacy – Keeping the Promise of Oregon
• Setting clear expectations
• Community College/K-12 partnerships
• Increasing board member knowledge and understanding
• Accountability/monitoring for student learning or achievement
• Creating public will for district/program success
• Early Childhood Education/K-12 partnerships
Other topics of interest include those which describe success in:
• District finance • Data-based decision making
• School, climate and culture • School board/Superintendent relations
• Student motivation or classroom readiness • Goals and planning
• Common Core State Standards • Assessment and accountability
• Facilities planning • Attendance
• e-learning and technology • Community engagement
Complete the Workshop Proposal and submit by the deadline of May 26, 2017 by email or fax to:
Oregon School Boards Association
1201 Court St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
Fax (503) 588-2813
To propose a workshop for the 2017 OSBA Annual Convention:
Convention registration is an expectation for all workshop presenters unless this presentation is the only area of participation the presenter(s) has. Meal participation is in addition to registration.
If you have questions, please contact Renee Sessler, 503-588-2800 or email@example.com
Thank you. We look forward to receiving your submissions.