The OSBA board consists of up to 21 directors, each elected on a regional basis for a two-calendar-year term. The board also includes these non-voting ex-officio members:
- Any director of the National School Boards Association elected from Oregon
- The immediate past president of the Oregon Association of School Executives
- The immediate past president of the Confederation of Oregon School Administrators
- The board section president of the Oregon Association of Education Service Districts
- The president of the Oregon Community College Association
- The chair of the State Board of Education
Board Member and Officer Roles and Responsibilities
Essential Duties of OSBA Board Members
Eligibility to Serve and Term of Office
Board and Executive Director Operating Agreements
OSBA Finance Committee
Updates on OSBA board goals and activities from OSBA's President.
A search firm will be hired to develop a timeline and process so the OSBA Board can hire a highly qualified candidate and ensure a smooth transition.
The work group is an outgrowth of Fall Regionals discussions from last year, at which a majority of attendees indicated that they favored varying methods of revenue reform.
The outlook for the year for the Oregon School Boards Association finances is positive, allowing OSBA to continue to provide needed services to school districts.
OSBA will discontinue use of its existing P.O. Box about July 1.
Keeping you in the loop - June 2016 Update from Betsy Miller-Jones
OSBA will discontinue use of its existing P.O. Box on July 1.
Betty Reynolds, OSBA president-elect and West Linn-Wilsonville School Board member, was elected by the National School Boards Action Center Board of Directors to serve on the NSBAC Board.
The NSBAC was founded by NSBA to ensure, through legislative, legal and public advocacy, that federal policy supports and strengthens the nation’s 14,000 public school systems serving 50 million public school students.
A weekend of intensive learning and keynotes from state education leaders wrapped up Sunday.