The OSBA board consists of up to 21 directors, each elected on a regional basis for a two-calendar-year term. The board also includes these non-voting ex-officio members:
- Any director of the National School Boards Association elected from Oregon
- The immediate past president of the Oregon Association of School Executives
- The immediate past president of the Confederation of Oregon School Administrators
- The board section president of the Oregon Association of Education Service Districts
- The president of the Oregon Community College Association
- The chair of the State Board of Education
Board Member and Officer Roles and Responsibilities
Essential Duties of OSBA Board Members
Eligibility to Serve and Term of Office
Board and Executive Director Operating Agreements
OSBA Finance Committee
Updates on OSBA board goals and activities from OSBA's President.
OSBA elected three officers for 2016 at its regular meeting Sept. 18-19: President-elect Betty Reynolds, Vice President LeeAnn Larsen, and Secretary-treasurer Don Cruise
The outlook for the year for the Oregon School Boards Association finances is positive, allowing OSBA to continue to provide needed services to school districts.
Thirteen seats are open on the OSBA Board of Directors, as well as all 19 seats on the Legislative Policy Committee (LPC).
OSBA elections will be held this year from Nov. 16 to Dec. 18. Thirteen seats are open on the OSBA Board of Directors, as well as all 19 seats on the Legislative Policy Committee (LPC).
The voting period opens Nov. 16 for OSBA elections for the Board of Directors and Legislative Policy Committee, and runs through Dec. 18.
The OSBA Board of Directors invites Oregon school board members who are members of a recognized minority population to represent OSBA as a minority delegate at the 2016 National School Boards Association conference.
A weekend of intensive learning and keynotes from state education leaders wrapped up Sunday.